Gabii Sa Kabilin 2013 yet again will be another night of wonder and mystique. This is the one night of the year when museums and tourist spots in Cebu City, Mandaue City, Talisay City and Lapu-Lapu City will be open for all the world to see!
Gabii Sa Kabilin 2013 is the 7th run of the annual heritage celebration. It started back in May 25, 2007 with only 3 museums and 1 heritage site: Casa Gorordo Museum, Cathedral Museum of Cebu, Basilica del Santo Niño Museum and Fort San Pedro. Fast forward to Gabii Sa Kabilin 2013, the participants are now a total of 33!
Gabii Sa Kabilin 2013 is the culmination of International Museum’s Day (May 18) and National Heritage Month celebrations for the whole month of May.
What Inspired Gabii Sa Kabilin 2013?
Gabii Sa Kabilin 2013 was inspired by the Lange Nacht der Museen (Long Night of Museums) of Germany and various European countries. Through the initiative of Ramon Aboitiz Foundation Inc. (RAFI), the annual celebration in Cebu, the very first of its kind in the Philippines and Asia, was started for the public. Its aim is to encourage the people to learn about their beautiful culture and heritage, with cultural presentations and activities for them to join.
2013 will feature a total of 33 attractions. With a long list of options, it will be very hard for you to choose which attraction you will visit. All of them are fantastic and oozing with history.
- Museo Sugbo
- Cathedral Museum of Cebu
- University of the Philippines Cebu College
- Cebu Cultural Center
- Colegio del Santo Niño
- Don Sergio Osmeña and CAP Art Gallery
- United Church of Christ in the Philippines – Bradford Memorial Chapel
- Yap-Sandiego Ancestral House
- Iglesia Filipina Independiente Cathedral of the Holy Child
- San Pedro Calungsod Chapel
- University of Southern Philippines – Rizaliana Museum
- Plaza Independencia
- Cebu City Museum
- Plaza Parian – Aboitizland Heritage Pocket
- Sacred Heart Parish Church – Alternative Contemporary Art Studio
- San Nicolas de Tolentino Parish Church
- Jose R. Gullas Halad Museum
- Sugbo Chinese Heritage Museum
- Fo Guang Shan Chu Un Temple
- Museo Parian sa Sugbo
- Casa Gorordo Museum
- Fort San Pedro
- Plaza Poblacion
- Nuestra Señora Virgen de la Regla Parish Church
- Muelle Osmena
- Mactan Shrine
- Bantayan sa Hari
- Mandaue City Presidencia
- National Shrine of St. Joseph Parish Church
- Plaza Complex
- Sta. Teresa de Aila Parish Church
- National Historic Shrine Liberation Monument
- Museo de Talisay
What can we expect on Gabii Sa Kabilin 2013?
Various activities await all. There will be cultural shows, culinary wonders, art galleries, and amazing exhibits!
The Gabii Sa Kabilin 2013 ticket will give you an all-in-one pass for entrance to all 33 main attractions, all-you-can ride trips by the Gabii Sa Kabilin 2013 buses, as well as 1 tartanilla ride for you to enjoy in the old district of Cebu.
The Gabii Sa Kabilin 2013 ticket is only Php 150 while children 7 years old and below are free of charge!
Local thoroughfares will be closed to allow you safe and enjoyable passage in all the attractions.
Gabii Sa Kabilin 2013 Guide
Gabii Sa Kabilin 2013 Guide is available for you to download. It will show you tour routes, maps, colorful photos and so much more! Visit the following sites to start downloading the final version of the e-form.
To get more info about Gabii Sa Kabilin 2013 and RAFI, you can dial 418-7234 local 703 and look for Karl Damayo or Florencio Moreño II or you can visit the Facebook page of RAFI and click LIKE, drop by RAFI official website, or you can be a follower on Twitter @rafiorgph.