Calling Youth Media Producers!
The Human Rights Watch International Film Festival and Adobe Youth Voices are looking for youth produced works on human rights from around the globe to screen in our newly established YOUTH PRODUCING CHANGE program. We’re also hoping you’ll be able to help us spread the word about our call for submissions by passing along this email.
We’re looking for film, video and animated works made by youth (ages 19 and younger) that focus on human rights and social issues like: Equality, civil rights, children’s rights, women’s rights, international justice, HIV/AIDS, environment, Lesbian/Gay/ Bisexual/ Transgender rights, health, the environment, war and conflict, freedom of expression, counterterrorism, gender, refugees, immigration, economic, social, and cultural rights and more.
Selected films will travel to:
*Human Rights Watch International Film Festival, New York : June 9-16 2008
*Human Rights Watch International Film Festival, Boston: Fall 2008
*Human Rights Watch International Film Festival, London : March 2009
*Human Rights Watch International Film Festival, Boston: Spring 2009
*Selected films will be included in the 2009 Traveling Film Festival
*Films will be added to the Adobe Youth Voices and Human Rights Watch websites
*And in the teacher’s lending library for the Human Rights Watch International Film Festival High School Program.
Submitting your film to YOUTH PRODUCING CHANGE is easy!
1. Please email the information listed below to Jennifer Nedbalsky at nedbalj(at)hrw.org by January 22, 2008.
To submit your film please include all of the following information in the text/body of your email*:
* Director (or production group/community organization) name
* Film Title
* Film synopsis (a short paragraph summary of the film.)
* Filmmaker bio (or a brief description of the producing organization. )
* Genre: Tell us if the film is a documentary, PSA, animation, experimental film, fiction or narrative.
* Country where the film was produced
* Year of production
* Film’s running time and format (how long is the film & did you shoot the piece on video, or film?)
* Complete contact information (website, email address, mailing address and phone number.)
For more information, please click this LINK.