A yearly tradition among young dance students, professionals, teachers and choreographers, the CCP Summer Dance Workshop offers classes in Baby Ballet, Classical Ballet, Contemporary Dance, Hip Hop, Creative Movement, Improvisation and Dance Composition. Lectures on topics such as Pedagogy, Stagecraft and Dance History are also offered. Over 50 Metro Manila and Provincial scholarships are available through auditions beginning mid-March 2011. This six-week dance intensive culminates with performances at the CCP Main Theater (May 21 & 22, 2011).
Instructors (about 20):
The members and alumni of Ballet Philippines such as Noordin Jumalon, Nonoy Froilan, Victor Ursabia, Gina Katigbak-Garcia
Age Limit of Participants: 4-years-old to professional levels.
Upon enrolment bring: cash/check payment (payable to Ballet Philippines), 1 piece 1×1 ID picture (2 pcs. for new students), medical certificate (for new students only), photocopy of birth certificate (for new Baby Ballet students only).
*Full Course inclusive of Classical, Contemporary and Lecture Series
10% discount on tuition fees available until March 31, 2011.
Schedule of Classes*:
- Baby Ballet-A TThS 9-10am
- BB-B WFS 10-11am
- BB-C TWF 1-2pm
- Pre-beginners I-A TThS 8-9am
- PBI-B WF 2-3pm
- PBII-A TTh 10-11am F 9-10am
- PBII-B WS 11-12nn F 12-1pm
- Philippine Ballet Syllabus-I TThF 11-12nn
- PBS-II WFS 8-9am
- Adult Elementary Ballet TThS 3-4:30pm
- Basic Boys Class TThS 7:30-8:30am
- Children’s Ballet-I TTh 11-12:30pm S 9-10:30am
- CB-II WF 2:30-4pm S 1-2:30pm
- CB-III Basic Pointe TThS 8:30-10am
- Intermediate Ballet WF 1-2:30pm S 10-11:30am
- Advanced Ballet TTh 2:30-4:30pm
- Basic Partnering TTh 10-11am
- Intermediate Partnering TTh 4:30-5:30pm
- Hip Hop Kids WF 3-4:30pm
- Hip Hop Teens WF 1-2:30pm
- Children’s Contemporary and Creative Movement WF 9-10:30am
- Adult Elementary Contemporary TTh 1-2:30pm S 11:30-1pm
- Intermediate Contemporary WF 10:30-12nn
*Schedule of classes is subject to change.
12 March 2011
1-2pm CCPDS Scholars ages 9 to 13 only, and Male Scholarship Program for boys up to age 20 with any dance background
2-3pm Girls and boys in Intermediate and Advanced levels
6 April 2011 3pm (provincial applicants only)
Girls ages 9 and up with ballet background, and boys ages 9 and up with any dance background. Dance teachers (ballet and/or contemporary) and choreographers may also avail of the scholarship through the audition.
All auditions will be held at the CCP Rehearsal Hall.
Applicants are required to submit 2 pcs. 1×1 ID picture, dance resume, registration form and audition fee of Php100 prior to the audition.
Last day for enrolment: 26 April 2011
For more information, contact:
4th Floor Cultural Center of the Philippines,
CCP Complex, Roxas
Blvd., Pasay City 1307
Tel: (632) 832-3689
Fax: (632) 833-3244, (632) 551-0144
Office Hours: Tuesday to Saturday 10am to 5pm